Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I wish I had a pair of L.G.R

My old pair of lovely persol sunglasses bought in Florence is broken, so I went to the optician to see if he by any chance could bring them "back to life". 

But then........ I saw and fell in love with the most beautiful sunglasses from the company L.G.R.

The L.G.R sunglasses are handmade. Each frame is a development by one individual who has skillfully built it from start to finish. My favorite model is the Siwa Havana.

The story about L.G.R begins with
Luca Gnecchi Ruscone. He was born in Rome, Italy to an Italian family with strong roots to Africa. He spent most of his childhood growing up between both worlds. His father lives in Kenya and his mother was born in Eritrea, where Luca's grandfather opened an optical store in the 1930's with imported frames from Italy.

The rediscovery of these classically designed glasses inspired Luca to begin his own line of eyewear.

Wauww... just fantastic

No comments:

Post a Comment